Matcha Smoothie Bowls
By Shyam lal
A few years ago I discovered matcha green tea. Life, changed. Queue the triumphant choir music and sunrise glow rising over the hilltops.
Immediately after enjoying my very first mug of matcha, at Urth Caffe in Los Angeles btw, I hopped on my computer and fervently googled “What is matcha?”“Benefits of matcha?”“Matcha vs. coffee?”
I read the “matcha 101” style content on every matcha and tea website I could find. My curiosity was on fire. But what I really wanted most of all was to chat first hand with a long time matcha fan, even better, a matcha expert! Well today I get to do just that and you get to listen in on what my expert has to say. Plus I share my fave matcha smoothie bowl recipe…
Frosty, creamy, Zenergy-infused matcha green tea smoothie bowls.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen watermelon (or another green or neutral colored frozen fruit like mango, banana or honeydew)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (or less if you blender can handle less liquid blending)
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder – optional
- 1-2 tsp matcha green tea
- a few drops of peppermint extract (optional)
- nuts, seeds, berries, granola, puffs, crushed cookies, spicy pumpkin seeds, anything you’d like!
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour into serving bowl(s). Top with goodies.